House built 40 years ago remembered after fire
February 16, 2023
A Seeley Lake man who lost the three-bedroom, A-frame house on Hickory Lane he built himself 40 years ago, to a chimney fire last Sunday morning, Feb. 5, says that despite the event, he is thankful for the support from the community as he decides his next move.
Pat Caffrey, a retired industrial forester, said he was in the living room near the fireplace when the chimney fire started, just as he was getting ready to go out that morning to an event.
"I heard crackling," he described. "Then I noticed flames in the ceiling ... I had the fire extinguisher in one hand and was calling 911 with th...
For access to this article please sign in or subscribe.