Missoula County distributing free carbon monoxide detectors to the public

Missoula County, with the help of local fire districts and departments, is giving out free carbon monoxide detectors to raise awareness about the dangers of this colorless, odorless gas.

Carbon monoxide (CO) can be emitted from furnaces, stoves and water heaters in homes, RVs and mobile homes. Any enclosed space is susceptible to carbon monoxide poisoning, especially during the winter.

Carbon monoxide poisoning kills more than 400 Americans each year, and in 2021, more than 17,000 hospital emergency room cases were due to CO poisoning. According to the CDC, Montana ranks third in the nation fo...


Reader Comments(0)