Back to normal this school year at SLE
September 15, 2022
SEELEY LAKE – Students at Seeley Lake Elementary begin the school year with no COVID restrictions in place. “We will follow quarantine guidance from the Missoula County Health Department,” said Josh Gibbs, Principal/Superintendent. “As always, if your child is sick please keep them home.”
For the past couple of years students have enjoyed the free breakfast and lunch programs funded by the Federal government due to COVID. Those programs have ended with the start of school this year.
“We are excited to have our students back in the building,” Gibbs said. “We encourage all Seeley Lake residents to be involved here at SLE, whether it’s volunteering in the school, being a part of one of our community committees or cheering on at a sporting event.”
Other changes at SLE include:
• Hired the following new staff: Cody Hartsoch, physical education teacher; Natasha Hartsoch, fourth grade; Darlene Hartman, special education teacher; Erica Gonzalez, custodial staff; Janet Kiely and Tami Horn, paraprofessionals.
• Adopted the Eagle Three - Be Respectful, Be Responsible and Be Safe. The goal is to build a positive learning environment for our students.
• Upgrades to school facilities: Repaved parking lot and basketball court; refinished gym floor; installed new carpet/flooring in classrooms and new lockers for primary wing and middle school hallway; and moved kindergarten, first, fifth and sixth grade classrooms to create a primary and elementary wing.
• Return to normal pricing for meals, breakfast $1 and lunch at $1.75. Parents are encouraged to fill out paperwork to see if they qualify for free or reduced lunches. The paperwork can be obtained at the office.
• Offer the same extracurricular activities along with the after-school STEAM and Outdoor Adventure club. There is a plan to offer soccer to the younger students in the spring.
• Families are encouraged to download the school app available in all mobile app stores, the school website: https://www.sleonline.org/ or Seeley Lake Elementary Facebook page to follow all the school happenings.