Lolo National Forest campgrounds open for the season
May 26, 2022
The summer recreation season is on the horizon and seasonal campgrounds across the Forest are beginning to open. While most campgrounds will be open by Memorial Day weekend, some will open later in June depending on elevation and access due to snowpack. For a complete list of campgrounds and opening dates by District please visit https://www.fs.usda.gov/lolo.
Last summer, the Lolo National Forest offered River Point Campground on the Seeley Lake Ranger District for online reservation as well as several other at different Districts. Online reservations can be made through http://www.recreation.gov. This year, the Forest will offer additional online reservation opportunities for select campgrounds on the Superior, Seeley Lake, and Missoula Ranger Districts.
"These new additions to the reservation system offer the public expanded trip planning options and are part of our continued commitment to providing high-quality recreation experiences on the Lolo National Forest," said Kate Jerman, Lolo National Forest Public Affairs Officer.
New additions to the online reservation system:
Seeley Lake Ranger District:
• Lakeside Campground: Sites 2-6 reservations are required during the summer season.
Missoula Ranger District:
• Lee Creek Campground: Reservation options will be announced later this summer.
• Lolo Creek Campground: Reservation options will be announced later this summer.
Superior Ranger District:
• Cabin City Campground: Both A and B loops all even-numbered sites available for online reservation.
• Quartz Flat Campground: Loop A and Loop G all even-numbered sites, and Loop C sites 1-12 available for online reservation.
• Sloway Campground: Sites 1-10 (including RV sites 1-5) and the Horse Camp are available for online reservation.
Most campsites on the Lolo National Forest are still available on a first-come/first-served basis and will continue to utilize volunteer camp hosts throughout the summer to serve as caretakers of the facilities and to provide visitor information. Online reservations through http://www.recreation.gov continue to be required for all Lolo National Forest lookout and cabin rentals. Savenac Historic Tree Nursery recreation rentals and Double Arrow Lookout will be closed for all or part of the season due to maintenance funded by the Great American Outdoors Act.
When recreating on Lolo National Forest lands please do so responsibly. Always check local regulations, pack out your trash including dog waste and be considerate of other visitors. A food storage order is in place on the Lolo National Forest. Proper storage of food, garbage and other attractants is important to keeping you and future visitors safe. For specific information on food storage please visit https://www.fs.usda.gov/detail/lolo/home/?cid=stelprdb5287227