May 26, 2022
Shirley Erickson Memorial Service, May 28
BUTTE, MONTANA – Shirley Ann Erickson, age 79, of Butte, Montana, formerly of Seeley Lake passed away Feb. 16. A memorial service celebrating her life will be held at 1 p.m. Saturday, May 28 at Butte Country Club, 3400 Elizabeth Warren Avenue in Butte.
Please visit https://buttefuneralhome.com/ to offer the family a condolence or to share a memory of Shirley.
McNamara Road closed May 31 - Oct. 31
POTOMAC - Noble Excavating Inc. will be working on the McNamara Road from Johnsrud Park to Whitaker Bridge. The construction will include reconstruction of the road, installation of a gabion basket wall, drainage improvements, guardrail and paving.
The project will begin May 31 and will be completed by Oct. 31. During this timeframe the road will be closed to the public between Messina Drive and Whitaker Bridge. Traffic will be accommodated between Johnsrud Park and Messina Drive with delays from 8 a.m. - 4 p.m. Monday through Friday.
Movie Night at the Barn “Timberjack” May 28
SEELEY LAKE - Join the Seeley Lake Historical Society for a showing of “Timberjack” starring Sterling Hayden and Vera Ralston at 7 p.m. Saturday, May 28 at the Seeley Lake Historical Museum and Visitors Center.
“Timberjack” was released in February of 1955 and had its world premiere in Missoula. Filming locations were Glacier National Park, the Missoula area (watch for scenes from McNamara’s Landing) and Polson. The film also features the shay steam engine that is now at the Fort Missoula museum.
Popcorn will be served. Bring a favorite beverage.
Weekly COVID-19 update
As of May 23, there have been 276,192 cases of COVID-19 in Montana. There have been 1,469,655 doses of vaccines administered and 564,439 Montanans fully immunized. There are 1,242 active cases, 11,981 total hospitalizations and 3,385 deaths in Montana due to COVID-19 complications. Missoula County has had 28,010 cases, 270 active cases, 27,532 recovered and 208 COVID-related deaths to date.
At-home test kits are available at no cost at the Seeley Lake Fire Department, 200 Firehouse Lane. For the most up-to-date and accurate information please refer to the Missoula County-City Health Department website http://missoulainfo.com or call 406-258-INFO (4636) Monday – Friday from 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Seeley Lake Rural Fire District Call Log May 14-22
Total Calls: March 2021, 18 calls; March 2022, 22 calls; April 2021, 16 calls; April 2022, 15 calls; YTD Calls March 2021, 65 calls; YTD Calls March 2022, 59 calls; YTD Calls April 2021, 81 calls; YTD Calls April 2022, 74 calls
• 5/15, Highway 83, Seeley Lake: Fire
• 5/15, Grandview Drive, Seeley Lake: Medical
• 5/15, Highway 83, Seeley Lake: Accident
• 5/16, Highway 83, Seeley Lake: Fire
• 5/17, Deer Park Drive, Seeley Lake: Medical
• 5/18, Spruce Drive, Seeley Lake: Medical
• 5/21, Highway 83, Seeley Lake: Medical
Missoula County Sheriff’s Office Call Log May 16 – May 23
• 5/18, 6:53am, 36XX Highway 83, Seeley Lake: Vandalism
• 5/19, 1:52am, 2X Mile Marker Highway 83, Condon: Accident – No Injury
• 5/19, 9:04am, 8XX Bullpine Road, Potomac: Fraud
• 5/19, 12:02pm, E Morrell Creek Road, Seeley Lake: Accident – No Injury
• 5/19, 5:02pm, 1XX Seeley Lake, Seeley Lake: Intimidation
• 5/20, 12:03am, 9XX Swanson Lane, Potomac: Suspicious Activity
• 5/20, 5:36pm, 42XX McNamara Lane, Potomac: Trespassing
• 5/21, 1:50pm, 1XX S.O.S. Road, Seeley Lake: Theft
• 5/22, 12:36pm, 30XX Highway 83, Seeley Lake: Suspicious Activity
• 5/22, 2:35pm, 49XX Johnsrud Park Road, Potomac: Accident - Injury