October 7, 2021
Seeley Lake Senior Center closed for congregate meals
SEELEY LAKE - The Seeley Lake Senior Center is closed for congregate meals until further notice. It continues to offer carry out and delivered meals. Please call 406-677-2008 the night before or by 8 a.m. the day of and leave a message with the number of meals. Carry out meals can be picked up between 10:45 - 11:30 a.m.
Fall Larch Walk, Oct. 9
SEELEY LAKE – Everyone is invited to join Clearwater Resources Council for a fall Larch Walk through Girard Grove Oct. 9 from 11:30 a.m. – 3 p.m. Due to limited parking, attendees are encouraged to meet at the CRC office in the Bison and Bear Center at 11:30 a.m. and carpool.
The larch walk will be led by father and son Steve and Matt Arno. Steve is a retired US Forest Service research scientist/forester and Matt is a forester practioner with Montana Department of Natural Resources and Conservation. This will be a great opportunity to gain a better understanding of the ecology of Girard Grove, larch ecology and disturbance on the landscape and explore options for managing forest structure to create a fire adapted community.
Please RSVP to http://crcmt.org/registration. For more details visit crcmt.org, or contact Alicia at email@example.com / 443-545-4786. Updates will be posted on Facebook and sent via email to those who register.
Swan Valley Library Highlights
This month’s book chat read is by Willa Cather (1873-1947) entitled “A Lost Lady.” It was published in 1923. Cather, an American author of novels about the American frontier, won the Pulitzer-prize in 1923 for her novel “One of Ours.”
The story is about Marian Forrester who lives in the Western American prairie town of Sweet Water. The short, but powerful, story is a picture of the development of the West, symbolized by Forrester, from the days of the hardworking, noble pioneers that gave way to exploitation and materialism. The review states that, “the coming-of-age tale shows that things are rarely as simple as they seem in this timeless and evocative novel.”
The Book Chat for “A Lost Lady” will be held at the Library on Wednesday, Oct. 13 at 1 p.m. Books are available for checkout at the Library.
The Swan Valley Library is located on Highway 83 in Condon and is just north and adjacent to the Swan Valley Community Hall. The library is open Mondays and Fridays from 10 a.m. - 4 p.m. and Wednesdays from 10 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. For more information call 754-2521.
Seeley Lake Rural Fire District Call Log Sept. 26 – Oct. 2
• 9/26, Highway 83, Seeley Lake: Fire
• 9/26, Seeley Lane, Seeley Lake: Medical
• 9/26, Gull Port, Seeley Lake: Medical
• 9/29, Gull Port, Seeley Lake: Medical
• 9/29, Drew Creek, Seeley Lake: Medical
• 9/29, Highway 83/Bear Grass, Seeley Lake: Accident
• 9/30, White Tail Drive, Seeley Lake: Medical
• 9/30, Highway 83, Seeley Lake: Fire
• 9/30, Highway 83, Seeley Lake: Medical
• 10/1, Highway 83, Seeley Lake: Medical
• 10/1, Morrell Creek Road, Seeley Lake: Accident
• 10/1, Riverview Drive, Seeley Lake: Medical
• 10/2, Boy Scout Road, Seeley Lake: Medical
• 10/2, Highway 83, Seeley Lake: Medical
Missoula County Sheriff’s Office Call Log Sept. 27 – Oct. 3
• 9/27, 11:13am, Ninemile Prairie Road, Greenough: Accident – No Injury
• 9/27, 12:39pm, 31XX Highway 83, Seeley Lake: Accident – No Injury
• 9/29, 1:25pm, 2X mile marker Highway 200, Greenough: Suspicious Activity
• 9/29, 1:55pm, Highway 83, Seeley Lake: Accident - Injury
• 9/29, 3:05pm, Highway 83, Condon: Accident – No Injury
• 9/29, 7:04pm, 122XX Waterfowl Lane, Greenough: Suspicious Activity
• 10/1, 6:09am, 228XX Highway 200 E, Potomac: Suspicious Activity
• 10/1, 3:32pm, Morrell Creek Road, Seeley Lake: Accident – Injury
• 10/1, 6:36pm, 31XX Highway 83, Seeley Lake: Suspicious Activity
• 10/1, 6:57pm, 6XX Pine Drive, Seeley Lake: Theft
• 10/1, 9:11pm, 1XX Oak Lane, Seeley Lake: Harassment
• 10/2, 12:53pm, 2X mile marker Highway 200, Greenough: Accident – No Injury
• 10/2, 5:26pm, 43XX Bear Creek Road, Potomac: Disturbance
• 10/2, 8:39pm, 31XX Highway 83, Seeley Lake: Recovered Stolen Vehicle
• 10/3, 6:57pm, 1X mile marker Highway 83, Salmon Lake: Accident - Injury
Weekly COVID-19 update
As of Oct. 4, there have been 153,479 cases of COVID-19 in Montana. There have been 1,019,038 doses of vaccines administered and 490,456 Montanans fully immunized. There are 11,498 active cases, 7,734 total hospitalizations with 419 active, 139,959 recoveries and 2,022 deaths in Montana due to COVID-19 complications. Missoula County has had 13,930 cases, 2,090 active cases, 11,711 recovered and 129 COVID-related deaths to date.
For the most up-to-date and accurate information please refer to the Missoula County-City Health Department website http://missoulainfo.com or call 406-258-INFO (4636) Monday – Friday from 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.