The TeleCare Program offers social connection
A Note from Linda
May 7, 2020
Dear friends in Seeley-Swan,
Missoula Aging Services introduced a new program called TeleCare. The TeleCare Program matches clients with volunteers for friendly assurance calls. Volunteers provide a check-in and phone call to older adults, or at-risk adults who are homebound and/or isolated. The goal of the program is to provide social connection and increased security for participants.
How does the TeleCare Program work?
• Brief telephone calls are arranged on a regular schedule
• Friendly volunteers make the calls
• TeleCare volunteers check on well-being, socialize and share helpful information, but do not provide financial, legal or medical advice
Participant information needed to get started:
• Name and telephone number of participant
• An emergency contact is needed in case the volunteer can't reach the participant
If you want to get started with the TeleCare Program or would like to make a referral, please call me, Linda Howard, Seeley Swan Resource Specialist at (406) 541-7688.
Also, you may go online to missoulaagingservices.org, complete the TeleCare Referral form and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax it to MAS (406) 728-7687.
I hope and pray that you are all staying healthy during these challenging times. I am working from my home office Monday – Friday from 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.. I can be reached for phone appointments at 406-541-7688.
The very best of health to you, Linda