By Andi Bourne

Propane explosion ignites house


January 30, 2020

SEELEY LAKE – Tuesday night, Jan. 21 the Seeley Lake Fire Department was paged out to a structure fire on Leota Peak Court. When Fire Chief Dave Lane arrived, the family was outside. They explained that there was a propane explosion. No one was injured and while the house is a mess and needs repair work, it is livable.

Lane said when the snow slid off the roof, it hit the regulator for the propane tank. The fitting failed and the propane leaked and entered the house through an open vent. Since propane is heavier than air, it followed the path of least resistance and sunk. The way the hous...

For access to this article please sign in or subscribe.


Reader Comments(0)


Powered by ROAR Online Publication Software from Lions Light Corporation
© Copyright 2021