Propane explosion ignites house

SEELEY LAKE – Tuesday night, Jan. 21 the Seeley Lake Fire Department was paged out to a structure fire on Leota Peak Court. When Fire Chief Dave Lane arrived, the family was outside. They explained that there was a propane explosion. No one was injured and while the house is a mess and needs repair work, it is livable.

Lane said when the snow slid off the roof, it hit the regulator for the propane tank. The fitting failed and the propane leaked and entered the house through an open vent. Since propane is heavier than air, it followed the path of least resistance and sunk. The way the house is...

 

Reader Comments(0)

 
 
Rendered 07/12/2024 20:36