January 16, 2020
Legends and Lore of Mowitza, Jan. 19
SEELEY LAKE – Join the Seeley Lake Historical Society and Legendary Lodge caretaker Ron Burnett for a tour of the historical Mowitza Lodge on Salmon Lake. Meet at the Seeley Lake Historical Museum and Visitors Center at 12:30 p.m. to car pool to Legendary Lodge. Tour will be from 1 – 3 p.m.
Participants will traverse Salmon Lake on the historical walk n’ talk. Visit the historic Mowitza Lodge and cabins, now called Legendary Lodge, with an optional climb to the “Tea House.” Learn about the Butte Clark family, Sourdough Dave, Timber Baron John Toole, the Detroit Purple Gang, Southern Pacific Railroad and more.
Except to hike less than a half-mile through deep snow in single track following other walkers including 200 feet crossing the ice. Snowshoes are advised. There are no toilet facilities.
For more information email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 677-2990.
CRC Annual Member Meeting, Jan. 22
SEELEY LAKE - The Clearwater Resource Council is holding its annual members meeting on Jan. 22 from 6-8 p.m. at the Double Arrow great room. Please join us to learn more about water quality and other natural resource issues impacting the chain of lakes.
Local UM students make Dean’s List
MISSOULA – At the University of Montana, 2,429 students made the fall semester 2019 Dean’s List or President’s 4.0 List.
To qualify, students must be undergraduates, earn a semester GPA of 3.5 or higher and receive grades of A or B in at least nine credits. Students who receive any grade of C+ or below or no credit (NC/NCR) in a course are not eligible. A single asterisk indicates a GPA greater than 3.5 but less than 4.0.
• CONDON: Samuel Aldeen *
• POTOMAC: Kaila Olson*
• SEELEY LAKE: Shenoah Curley Wildshoe*, Ashley Miller* and Buck Stokes*
For a complete list visit http://news.umt.edu/2020/01/011020dean.php
Local Montana Western students make Dean’s List
DILLON – The University of Montana Western named 587students to the 2019 fall semester Dean’s List. Students must be enrolled full-time or for 12 semester credits and carry a minimum 3.33 grade point average. An asterisk after a name indicates a student received Dean’s List high honors.
• CONDON: Iriey Anderson
• SEELEY LAKE: Paige Holmes*
Missoula County Sheriff’s Office Call Activity Jan. 6 – Jan. 12
• 1/7, 8:36am, 31XX Highway 83, Seeley Lake: Accident – No Injury
• 1/7, 10:30am, 1X mile marker Highway 83, Seeley Lake: Accident - Injury
• 1/8, 3:45pm, 19XX Blaine Road, Potomac: Vandalism
• 1/9, 11:20am, 2XX School Lane, Seeley Lake: Offenses Against Family/Children
• 1/9, 2:36pm, 1X mile marker Highway 83, Seeley Lake: Slide-in No Property Damage
• 1/10, 12:35pm, 1X mile marker Highway 83: Accident – No Injury
• 1/10, 9:24pm, 35XX Highway 83: Slide-in No Property Damage
• 1/11, 7:56pm, Whitetail Drive: Accident – No Injury
• 1/11, 8:07pm, 16XX Morrell Creek Road, Seeley Lake: Trespassing
Seeley Lake Rural Fire District Response Log Jan. 5 – Jan. 11
• 1/5, Pine Drive, Seeley Lake: Medical
• 1/7, Highway 83, Seeley Lake: Injury Accident
• 1/9, South Placid Lake Road, Seeley Lake: Fire Alarm
• 1/9, North Placid Lake Road, Seeley Lake: Medical Stand by
• 1/10, Grayling Drive, Seeley Lake: Structure Fire
• 1/11, West Side Trailhead, Seeley Lake: Medical Standby for Wilderness Rescue