DEQ issues reminders for open burning season
March 14, 2019
HELENA – Montana’s spring/summer burning season began March 1. Montana Department of Environmental Quality reminds Montanans that only clean, untreated wood and plant material can be burned.
Materials prohibited from open burning include:
• Food waste
• Wood that has been coated, painted, stained or treated
• Dead animals or animal droppings
• Rubber materials
• Asphalt shingles and tar paper
• Pathogenic or hazardous wastes
• Standing or demolished structures containing prohibited materials listed in Administrative Rules of Montana, Chapter 17. 8...