Seeley Swan Pathfinder -


By Don Larson
Seeley Lake, Mont. 

Questions and Answers about Sewer Protest Letter


November 23, 2017

SEELEY LAKE - The Sewer Board letter of Nov. 16 stating its intention to incur debt for a sewer project was incorrectly labeled a “ballot” in my last weeks/letter to the editor. Ballots may not be forwarded to “snow birds” but this letter is not considered a ballot and may be forwarded. I apologize for any confusion this may have created. to the letter:

It, too, is confusing and obscure. We all basically received a form letter which says we can protest. If you received three letters, it means you have three properties in the sewer district which you may “protest.” You must submit a protest for each property identifying yourself as the owner, identifying the property by its Geocode or its legal description and signed by all owners on the tax deed...for example, if you are a husband-wife joint ownership, you must both sign the protest form.

BUT the Board is not being truthful here. By law, partnerships, corporations and trusts may be represented by a single legal representative. Trusts, for example, own the property, not the individual trustees. Therefore, the legally-appointed representative may sign the protest letter for that property.

Check with any Sewer Board member or, better, the Sewer District Secretary. She is both knowledgeable and helpful. Her name is Felicity and she is located at the Seeley Lake Water District Office. Her phone number is 677-2559. Protests may be hand-delivered to her or mailed to Box 403, Seeley Lake, MT, 59868. The Sewer District Board is obligated to follow the letter of the law.


Reader Comments


Powered by ROAR Online Publication Software from Lions Light Corporation
© Copyright 2019