Keeping the History of the Blackfoot Alive
September 14, 2017
OVANDO – Ovando's Brand Bar Museum is filled with stories and items as colorful as its past. Situated in the heart of Ovando, what was a bar for nearly 100 years is now home to historical treasures from the Blackfoot Valley and host to numerous revolving displays that promote interaction with the local history.
The building was built in the late 1890s. Henry Dixon and Charlie Young opened the saloon named "Bucket of Blood" in 1897. It was renamed the Double Diamond, Brand Bar Saloon and Trixi's before transitioning to a gift shop. The building was donated to the community in the mid-1990s...