The History of the Double Arrow Ranch - Part 1

Excerpts from “Cabin Fever” © Mildred Chaffin 1989. Reprinted with permission.

The Corlett Ranch was a stock ranch before it was bought in the late 1920s by Jan Boissevain and Colonel George F. Weisel. Boissevain dreamed of building it into a combination horse and dude ranch. The Double Arrow Ranch, named after a brand on Boissevain’s favorite horse, was established in 1929 and became the first commercial dude ranch to be located at Seeley Lake.

Boissevain was a competent horseman and had even served as a reserve officer in the Dutch Cavalry. There he had ridden an American horse with a double...

 

Reader Comments(0)

 
 
Rendered 07/17/2024 22:11